-->

sexta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2016

Expressão idiomática: to pull an all-nighter

Hi, everybody! Hoje eu trouxe uma expressão idiomática pra vocês.

to pull an all-nighter

que significa "to study or work all night without getting any sleep."

Exemplo: 

A: You look really tired.
B: I am. I pulled an all-nighter to get ready for my exam this morning.

Let's do some exercises about idioms?

Try to guess what the following idioms mean. Check your answers below.

1. Wow! It's raining cats and dogs today! I wish I'd brought my umbrella to school!
a. I forgot my umbrella today.
b. It's raining heavily.
c. Cats and dogs are falling from the sky.

2. When I told my mom I would be home around 2 am, she had a cow!
a. My mom bought a baby cow.
b. My mom is really strange.
c. My mom was really upset.

3. Jean: How did you know it was my birthday today.
 Susan: Oh, a little birdie told me!
a. Jean told Susan it was her birthday.
b. An unnamed person told Susan about Jean's birthday.
c. Susan told Jean it was her birthday.



Answers:
1) b
2) c
3) b

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário